So, tell me about yourself.
If that’s not the most hated question on planet earth then I don’t know what is! Am I right?! Every time I’ve had to answer that question in the past for an interview I start to get spicy pits, sweaty palms, and I usually don’t have any idea what to say except that I’m a motivated, quick learner, team player, blah blah blah!
Maybe it prepared me for later in life so that I can end up writing a blog and telling complete strangers all about myself, who knows – But here I am doing just that – except I’m behind a screen, it’s much easier, and I can be as random as I want to be 🙂 So here we go…
- I’m really not a salty bitch – I’d say half salty/half sweet 🙂
- The name Salty Bitch derived partly from a podcast I listen to all the time: My Favorite Murder, and partly because my BFF and I like to pretend we’re super bitter all the time (Deep down we’re sweet! I promise!)
- I’m a mother of one talkative little toddler who drives my husband and I crazy sometimes, but of course we can’t live without her!
- I’ve lived in Southern California all my life. Can’t see myself anywhere else – except maybe Oregon or Ireland!
- I went to CSU, Long Beach for my B.A. in Communication Studies and for my M.P.A – Masters in Public Policy and Administration.
- I love reading (obvi!) Wish I had more time though, and that I could mute my toddler sometimes #SorryNotSorry
- My favorite genre is historical fiction (specifically WWII novels) – my husband jokes that I love Nazis -__-
- Other favorite genres include true crime, contemporary fiction, some fantasy, mystery, and self-help occasionally.
- I used to want to be a Librarian when I was little – and also a Paleontologist, and then an Interior Designer.
- I used to have a makeup blog, and also a food blog. I stopped buying makeup by the tons, because I got over it. I still love food, but don’t make time to cook as much – but I plan to change that!
- I started drinking coffee when I turned 30!
- I grew up in the Seventh Day Adventist church (where my SDA people at?!) – but now I’m a heathen and I don’t attend church anymore. I’m sure I’ll be struck by lightning some day.
- I’m Mexican, married to a Colombian (also my high school sweetheart, crazy right?!)
- I’m a Harry Potter nerd, but I’ve only read the series once!
- I’m a Disney nerd too!
- I LOVE the Parks and Recreation T.V. series! – Ron Swanson and April Ludgate are me in a nutshell (like I said, half salty/half sweet 🙂
- I have one sister. And people always tell me I should have another child so my daughter can have a sister or brother, no thanks! – I’ll do what I want! (This is when my saltiness makes an appearance)
- I have 3 tattoos – my mom only knows about one. Did I mention I’m Mexican and my mom is a Seventh Day Adventist (google it)
- I’m 35 and I’m still scared of my mom #MexicanProblems
- I’m just here to talk about books, coffee, food, places to eat, bookstores and libraries to visit, and other nerdy things.
Tell me about yourself! Comment below 🙂